PYO Rehearsal and Concert Dates
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all PYO members for their hard work in making this session such a success, you have all contributed massively to the continued recovery of PYO after such challenging times. Many audience members have commented on the noticeable improvement and growth of the orchestra from last year.
Many thanks must go to all who attended the Easter Music Camp, for working so hard and for some great performances in the Concert Hall. Congratulations to all and, in particular, to our two soloists on excellent performances.
We now have a busy remainder of the session with Perth Festival of the Arts commitments and our usual Autumn concerts in Edinburgh & Perth.
The diary of rehearsals and concerts is as follows:
Sunday 21 May – Perth Festival of Arts Service, St John’s Kirk Perth
Rehearsal starts @ 9.30am in St John’s Kirk
- Wednesday 3 May – Full Orchestra Rehearsal, St John’s Academy, 6.00pm – 8.15pm
- Wednesday 10 May – Full Orchestra Rehearsal, St John’s Academy, 6.00pm – 8.15pm
- Monday 15 May – Full Orchestra Rehearsal, St John’s Academy, 6.00pm – 8.15pm
L’Arlésienne – movements 1 & 4 (perhaps some of 3)
Tribute to the Big Band
August Rehearsals and Concerts
- Monday 5 June – Full Orchestra Rehearsal, St John’s Academy, 6.00pm – 8.15pm
- Monday 19 June – Full Orchestra Rehearsal, St John’s Academy, 6.00pm – 8.15pm
Thursday 24 August – Concert in Greyfriars Church, Edinburgh
Monday 28 August – Concert in Perth Concert Hall
- Monday 14 August – St John’s Academy, 6.00pm – 8.15pm
- Monday 21 August – St John’s Academy, 6.00pm – 8.15pm
*Further correspondence re August rehearsals and concerts will be issued in early August.
Please note all PYO members that were not at camp should try to get to as many rehearsals as possible to get used to new music. All music will shortly be uploaded to the PYO Teams which will be particularly useful to players who were unable to attend camp.
I am aware that there are many rehearsal commitments at a very busy time with exams etc. Please try to attend as many as possible while still preparing for SQA exams.
Many thanks again